KAPITI HEARING INDEPENDENT AUDIOLOGY CLINIC IN WAIKANAE AND RAUMATI - SATURDAY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
WE'RE PROFESSIONAL AUDIOLOGISTS, NOT SALESPEOPLEBOOK A FREE CHAT TO SEE HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
INDEPENDENTLY, LOCALLY-OWNED & OPERATED HEARING CLINICS ON THE KAPITI COAST
Jeanie Morrison-Low MNZAS, MIANZ is the charge audiologist at Kapiti Hearing, a world class hearing centre with two locations, Waikane and Raumati Beach, on Wellington’s Kapiti Coast.
Jeanie is originally from Scotland, and received her Masters in Audiology with first class honours from the University of Auckland. Thesis title: "The Effects of Auditory Attention Training on the Perception of Bothersome Tinnitus and on Listening to Speech in Background Noise" (2006).
Publications: "Object Identification and attention training for treating tinnitus" G. Searchfield, J Morrison-Low & K. Wise. 2007. Progress in Brain Research, vol 166.
Jeanie was the New Zealand organiser of a three day interactive seminar (Wellington, 2015): "Independence Matters: Professionalism in Healthcare". She is interested in promoting registration of audiology as a healthcare profession in NZ, as a way of putting patients at the centre of what we do. She is a founder (with Jan Morris, MNZAS) of the Independent Audiologists NZ group.
Kapiti Hearing is an independent audiology clinic and member of IANZ. We are not owned by a hearing aid company, nor do we have preferred-supplier contracts with hearing aid companies. We do not receive financial incentives to fit particular brands, and we do not pay our employees commission based on sales. We strive to fit the hearing aid best suited to our patients' needs, preferences, and hearing loss.
Whether you require a hearing test, a hearing aid fitting or have hearing protection needs, we are committed to providing exceptional care for your unique hearing needs. Call to book a hearing test at our Raumati or Waikane hearing clinic today.
OUR APPROACH TO YOUR HEARING HEALTH IS HOLISTIC.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING WHANAU, FRIEND, OR LOVED ONE WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
OUR AUDIOLOGISTS ARE MEMBERS OF THE NZ AUDIOLOGICAL SOCIETY WITH MASTERS DEGREES IN AUDIOLOGY.
OUR PATIENT-CENTERED PROMISE
- Your hearing and communication needs and problems are clearly identified and addressed
- Your main reason for the visit and your concerns are identified and addressed
- Your hearing care is explained in as much, or as little, detail as you wish
- Your desired level of involvement in shared decision making around your ear health and rehabilitation is responded to appropriately
- Your whanau, family, friends, or caregivers are welcomed and included in the appointments, if you would like them present
- You are recognised as a whole person, not just a disease
- The health and protection of your hearing is promoted
- You and your ears will be looked after by a fully-qualified audiologist, with over 6 years of training and exams; this means they can recognise the dozens of different diseases you can get in your ears and auditory system, and have knowledge of appropriate referral and management pathways